Sunday, August 20, 2006

Summer camp is over, did I mention that?

While undressing on Friday night, Kenny accidentally removed his red wristband which identified his swimming level (per Amer. Red Cr. guidelines) at camp.

I said, "You want me to throw this away or you want to save it?" He said, "Throw it away. I can get another one from the camp lifeguard on Monday."

"But," I said, "Camp's over, you know that." He did.

A couple of weeks ago, the paperwork came home for next summer and I returned it completed right away. There's a price incentive for paying in full in advance. I noticed that the checks cleared on Friday.

Next year will be Kenny's third year and Tim's first. It's something to look forward to, I guess. And knowing it's only temporary eases the pain of saying "good-bye" at summer's end.

No comments: