Monday, September 18, 2006

Usually I enjoy being right but not this time.

Letters from school came home today announcing that the principal appointed in July has resigned for personal reasons. I blogged that I had not seen her on campus this school year and had hinted to friends that I thought she had left. They assured me that I was wrong because they had seen her all summer. "Still, it's odd, don't you think, that we haven't seen her?"

So, for the second time in five months, my sons' school is looking for a principal.

I'm bothered that her personal letter to parents and teachers stating her resignation was not signed at all. So, I'm questioning whether the letter, in fact, comes from her. I am not usually such a suspicious person but past misbehaviors of the school administration has brought me to this.

And my next premonition is that the school will close before the school year ends. Either that, or they will bring back last year's principal. The former seems more likely.

My father felt jinxed because his favorite restaurants around town always burned down. I feel jinxed because my employers have always been taken over (NCR, AT&T) or run out of business (Jamesway). And one of my favorite restaurants did burn down. But now it seems that the bad karma is already affecting my kids!

Back To School night is tomorrow evening, so I'm looking forward to observe how the adminstration smooths over its latest debacle with the parents.

No comments: