Saturday, April 07, 2007

Latecomers appear bewildered at the sight of us outdoors.

Curiously, they continue inside, only to discover a darkened nave, coats and handbags in nearly every pew. Where to sit? Better head back outside.

I didn't take a taper because I had Ella in a wearable infant carrier. And she was bundled for the wind. The thermometer in the car registered 34° F at 10PM.

The readings were Gen. 1:1 - 2:2, Gen. 22:1-18, Ex. 14:15-15:1, Is 55:1-11, Ez. 36:16-17a, 18-28, Romans 6:3-11 and the Gospel was from Luke 24:1-12. All the reading selections are here.

Our deacon is M.I.A. so a female cantor sang the Exsultet but it wasn't perfect. And the inclusive language bothered me. She said "Creator" for "Father".

Only three candidates for confirmation. Obviously all three already baptized Catholic. So, no thrilling baptisms ... must wait until next Sunday for that.

It's just as well staying local this night.

St. Greg's has a new pastor and I'm sure he's nothing like Fr. Rich. I didn't lose my voice this year singing (last year's experience), that's for sure. But I had the cry room to myself for the most part. And said a prayer for Matt ... mazel tov!

No comments: