Wednesday, October 17, 2007

When they finished the floors, we tossed the couch because, well, it was in the way anyway.

Then, the local furniture store had a decent Columbus Day sale and an even better post-Columbus Day sale, so we furnished our kitchen and family room.

They delivered today and it's nice to sit in something besides a wooden rocking chair.

I thought our contractor might be a little happy for us, happy at the signs that the project is nearing completion.

Instead, he said all-too-business-like, "Uh, please don't get any more furniture in the place. The building inspectors don't like to see that you're living in the new space."

Understandable. I actually wondered about that.

I mean, do we have a CO now or not? Yet, we're livin' here.

But I almost told my contractor, "Well, you were supposed to be done two months ago, so excuse us for wanting to move forward."

No comments: