Monday, September 08, 2008

Kenny's musical tastes have developed beyond The Countdown Kids covers, so I offered to update their iPod mini with songs they've requested from my iTunes library.

Now, I can't find the right USB cable, so actual exporting will have to wait until Jeff can help. But I'm building the playlist and thought I would listen to my favorite band while doing that.

And this "Crinsk Dee Night" came up; it's an old favorite ... the radio stations used to play such snippets on their Saturday Morning Beatles programs:





There's a lot of Rush in the playlist; Kenny likes the typical hits: SotR and CttH. He thinks YBYL is filled with tongue-twisters:
Anarchist reactionary running dog revisionist
Hindu muslim catholic creation / evolutionist
Rational romantic mystic cynical idealist
Minimal expressionist post-modern neo-symbolist

Arm chair rocket scientist graffiti existentialist
Deconstruction primitive performance photo realist
Be-bop or a one drop or a hip hop lite pop metallist
Gold adult contemporary urban country capitalist
I tell him I can't sing along even with the lyrics in front of me, 'though I had it all memorized at one time. How do I explain that song to him?

No comments: