Tuesday, February 13, 2007

They resumed the jackhammering first thing in the morning, 8 AM sharp. I woke to the sound of the garage door opening directly underneath me, sleeping in the guest room with the baby. We had been up until 3:30 but it was ok. Actually, I liked it. She's very cute in the wee hours of the morning. And I knew that when she went down, she was down, so I could rest easy.

Jeff hadn't quite left with the boys to school when the contractor showed up to continue his demolition. Jeff got to hear the jackhammer for himself first hand.

I knew that, with an early start and a nor'easter expected, it would be a short workday for them.

And, in fact, by the time I got myself together for the grocery shopping trip, they were calling it a day. Unfortunately, I was out for the rest of the afternoon, so I wasn't home to enjoy the quiet. I don't expect them tomorrow ... and maybe not the day after. They might work Friday morning some but not much.

No comments: