Monday, February 16, 2009

Again, only of interest because the OB who delivered my first two is featured as an advocate ...

Low-tech medicine - Asbury Park Press, 2/15/09:
Dr. Robert Penney, an obstetrician and gynecologist with offices in Holmdel and Shrewsbury, said he had to lobby his colleagues five years ago before they agreed to spend $200,000 on an electronic system.

It required extensive training and the savings from productivity weren't immediate.

"It's much more complicated than people believe," said Penney, who has become a leading advocate on information technology.
I was thinking of going back to him because I haven't had any good experiences with Freehold doctors. They are all quacks.

Penney's good ... I didn't know it at the time but I know it now. And the occasional trip "east" won't be so bad as prenatal would have been, every week towards the end.

No comments: