Friday, November 24, 2006


2006 NYSPHSAA Football Championship, Class D.

The football team from my high school is in the state meet today at the Carrier Dome in Syracuse.

I don't know whether they have a chance. They are ranked 5th and are up against the number one team. But they have upset teams all along the way.

I'm sure it's the game of a lifetime just being there. I can't remember whether I ever ran in the Dome. Jeff would remember but I'm too embarrassed to ask him. I remember running in Manley Field House, that's about it. But he took me to a basketball game there once. I think that he always got season passes, student discount. And a lacrosse match.

A number of years ago, the high school was reclassified and dropped down a class in competition. Consequently they have done quite well. For instance, the Cross Country team wins Sectionals regularly and goes to States as a team. In my day, only individuals ever went to States. Jeff went for discus one year.

UPDATE: Obviously, the number one team won!

No comments: