Friday, November 10, 2006

"Two fires set inside new middle school in Millstone" - The Examiner, 11/9/06
the police termed the incident "arson" and sent its Arson/Bomb Unit out to investigate.
For some reason, the high school students had a half-day on the Monday before Halloween; I heard them that afternoon running four-wheelers up and down the street.

Tuesday morning, Halloween morning, I noticed toilet paper in the trees on our street and at the current middle school on Schoolhouse Road.

My neighbor told me that evening that a State Police patrol was walking around my backyard the evening before, shining a search light in our thick row of pine trees. During that time, I was putting the youngest to bed, so if the patrolman came to the door, I don't know of it. IOW, without my neighbor telling me, I would not have been aware that the police were investigating anything on my property.

Apparently the neighbors across the street were on their porch watching the excitement, but they never said anything to me about it afterwards. Our mailbox was smashed a little bit but some down the street were knocked off their post. It seems that they caught the teens who did this. Must be a different bunch from the arsonists.

I'm not really sure what's up with the teens in town. Some seem to harbor significant hostility towards the township's school system.

No comments: