Wednesday, June 11, 2008

UPDATE: Doctor just called with blood test results: lyme disease.

And low platelets.

Scheduling an appointment with a hematologist.

This summer is shaping up as a repeat of last summer.




It looks like a sunburn ... that spreads over time and darkens on the outer edge.

The rash's classic bull's-eye pattern is obfuscated by his ear near the center. Never saw a tick on him. Ever. The lab drew blood on Saturday, the same day he started antibiotics. The rash is fading.

Hoping for the best.

tags technorati :

6 comments:

Anonymous said...

I'm REALLY sorry to hear this. I'm thinking of him, and hoping that between being caught early and the antibiotics this will soon be nothing to worry about.

JC

Moonshadow said...

Thanks.

Of course, I want to make this illness the source of all his "troubles" ... but Jeff says that's impossible.

At least I'm very familiar with the hematology group at CHOP! :-)

JP said...

Im my prayers.



I hate those ticks!

Moonshadow said...

Thanks, JP. This child needs prayer in all sorts of ways. Like his literary hero is Skippyjon Jones, if you get my meaning.

Matt said...

I'll make sure I remember him at mass tomorrow!

St. Benedict De Silos, Patron against Insects, pray for us...

Moonshadow said...

Thank you, Matt, thank you very much. I said a prayer for your sister again this evening.