Monday, September 22, 2008

The Monmouth County Republicans were handing out lawn signs at Millstone Day yesterday.

Our neighbor put one in his front yard, facing my house.

People in this neighborhood usually have enough good taste not to wear their political affiliations on their sleeve. I've never seen anything more than a home improvement sign on neighbors' lawns. Besides, it may be safety assumed that everyone is Republican, even blue-collar Catholic women with four young children.

He oriented the sign parallel to the street rather than perpendicular so, really, me and my family are the only ones who see it. I can see it from my laundry room window. And I'm in my laundry room alot. I have to draw down the blind for the next month or so.

He ought to rotate it 90 degrees so drivers passing by can see it. But, he's just a rednecked Republican who doesn't understand geometry much less marketing. If I see him out, I'll suggest reorienting the sign to him ... and that way, I don't have to ever see it again.

No comments: