Monday, February 20, 2006

Don't get me wrong - I love the "static" prayers of Catholic liturgy - but the prefaces to the eucharist prayers usually disarm me of my pride, at least momentarily.

If I don't call out your favorite prayer, please know that I love them all and don't hold my selectivity against me. Feel free to share your favorite and I hope these sound familiar to you.

I stick with the ones from Ordinary Time as these are most general and least tied to a liturgical season:

In love you created man,
in justice you condemned him,
but in mercy you redeemed him,
through Jesus Christ our Lord.


-------------

By his birth we are reborn.
In his suffering we are freed from sin.
By his rising from the dead we rise to everlasting life.
In his return to you in glory
we enter into your heavenly kingdom.


-------------

So great was your love
that you gave us your Son as our redeemer.
You sent him as one like ourselves,
though free from sin,
that you might see and love in us
what you see and love in Christ.
Your gifts of grace, lost by disobedience
are now restored by the obedience of your Son.
We praise you, Lord, with all the angels and saints
in their song of joy:


Holy, holy, holy Lord ...,

1 comment:

Moonshadow said...

In you we live and move and have our being.
Each day you show us a Father's love;
your Holy Spirit, dwelling within us,
gives us on earth the hope of unending joy.
Your gift of the Spirit,
who raised Jesus from the dead,
is the foretaste and promise
of the paschal feast of heaven.
With thankful praise,
in company with the angels
we glorify the wonders of your power:

Holy, holy, holy Lord ...,