Tuesday, February 28, 2006

Yes, my five-year-old has a more happenin' social life than I do. Birthday parties consume his weekends. Saturday's event was the "to die for" affair at the home of Mr. & Mrs. Lawyer in Daddy's NYC Firm. And they are the most gracious people I have ever met, so I don't begrudge them their pedigree and privilege. I'm thrilled that they think to invite us. The party was literally snowed out, cancelled, two weeks ago and with Saturday's temperatures in the mid-50's, guests played outside. I shopped at the Ralph Lauren Polo outlet store in nearby Jackson because the birthday boy wears that brand. Even the outlet prices were outrageous. I couldn't afford a complete outfit; I had to leave off the pants. And, to beat the band, his mother pointed out to me at the birthday party on the following day that her son was wearing the outfit and thank you very much, he likes it and it fits. Unbelievable. This is what I mean - thoughtful and gracious and considerate.

No comments: