Thursday, March 29, 2007

"Got everything out that you need, hon? EZ Pass? Garage door opener?"

Yeah, yeah. Have you seen my garage doors lately? I'm serious!


"Can you save the inspection sticker?"

"We can't guarantee anything. Most folks drive straight from here to the inspection station for a replacement."

"But it will be closed by the time ... is my husband's car ready yet?"

"Um, no. Maybe Monday. Do you have a ride, hon?"

"Yeah, I'm alright. Jeff's on his way. I just gotta move the car seats ..."



It got done today as planned. And they saved the inspection sticker. As if I need to be driving around without one ... all at the end of the month!

Yeah, it's a hassle that only my car has enough spots for four car seats.

Yeah, it's tough driving to Red Bank during the morning rush which included an unexplained, police-enforced, 30-minute detour around Manalapan and Freehold. And they wanted the car for the entire day. And, well, shoot, I can't get in and out of a repair shop for less than $800 these days it seems.

I'll tell you how my windshield cracked when I've cooled down ... yeah, the cold and early spring storm seemed to have something to do with it. Actually, yeah, the weather had alot to do with it since the streets are typically cleaned in preparation ... start to see it now? Need I go on?

No comments: