Wednesday, March 28, 2007

With the nursery's rocking chair in storage in the basement, I became quickly bored of the remaining seating options left me.

I shifted an oversized chair to an unused corner of the living room and set up another rocker next to the crib, a layout that affords me a great view through the front window without the sunny glare and line of sight to the radio/CD player. Funny, we bought this huge CD changer just before iPods came out. What a waste of money. But, whatever.

I've stashed the remote controls in my rocking chair's pocket. Nursing can be mind-numbing at times especially now that I'm getting enough sleep at night and starting to regain my cognitive abilities, little by little.

I have yet to load up the CD changer with anything but Christmas music.

However, I have an idea of which CDs I would put it when I get around to it.

The tuner is pre-set to only two stations, WMMR and WHYY. Since moving to the panhandle seven years ago, I never got around to learning the radio stations because I was burning my own CDs for the car's changer. As in UNIX, there's always more than one way to skin a cat(1), i.e., to listen to music.

Trouble is, I don't know how to operate the stereo system via the remotes. I gotta find the manual and learn. I don't think that my iPod came with a remote. It's such a handle-held gadget.

No comments: