Saturday, April 28, 2007

I know I did:

"Millstone voters say no, no, no and no" - Examiner, 4/26/07

My kids accompanied me to vote in their private school uniforms, not a welcome sight, I'm sure. A couple of things were not explained and might have passed if they had been.
The previous referendum paid for the room, the furniture, and the hardware, software and curriculum, but no teacher.

The question would have added .56 cent to the tax rate but would have replaced current textbooks that are between 10 and 12 years old and are no longer in print.
Then again, voters may think it sneaky to split the applied technology referendum in two. They'll find a use for the room and equipment, I'm sure. Heck, my kids' school has a librarian who's a volunteer. (No, it's not me ... but I would do it!)

And 10 year old language arts books? Voters may well ask how much does American English change in a decade anyway. Besides, everything is math, science and technology. No one wants to spend money on learning a native language. That's like teaching fish to swim.

No comments: