Tuesday, April 24, 2007

OK, OK, we've had the new TiVo for two months now and I AM ADDICTED TO HD!

Seriously, the image is so dang crisp even when watching a recorded program.

Now the local news station is broadcasting in HD, and I never fail to watch.

The ability to record two programs at once means Kenny doesn't cancel the 6 o'clock news as in the past because it conflicted with his "funny shows" (read: The Fresh Prince of Bel-Air).

Shows sit on the "to be deleted" queue for weeks! The disk capacity is enormous, allowing me to set a season pass for one of my favorite shows! (Not that I have time to watch it.) Between the kids' programs and Jeff's "must-sees", there wasn't room for my picks on the older model. The KidZone and TiVo Desktop work perfectly, too.

The only problem is that the decoder cards provided by the cable company fail authentication over time and need to be reset. That is, the TiVo system requires a restart.

No comments: