Wednesday, January 27, 2010

Archbishop prays new N.J. governor will have "wisdom of Solomon" - Catholic News Service, 1/27/10:
Archbishop Myers made reference to a passage in the First Book of Kings, when God engaged the young King Solomon, offering to give Solomon anything he wanted.

"Solomon responded to God: Give your servant an understanding heart to judge your people and to distinguish right from wrong," Archbishop Myers said.
We just covered the first eleven chapters of 1 Kings in the Timeline study yesterday.

And my thought was, with Genesis rather fresh in my mind, that Solomon is basically asking permission to eat from the tree of the knowledge of good and evil. (Gen. 2:17) Right?

I suppose I would have to retrieve this article to find out. And I imagine it touches upon Kabbalah and mysticism.

No comments: