Sunday, January 17, 2010

We have tickets for another Classic Albums Live shows at NJPAC next month. It's Led Zeppelin II which is so short that it constitutes the first set. Then, after intermission, they will play a second set of top requests, as submitted online (click list to make bigger):
Relatively-speaking, I was the non-Zeppelin fan in my immediate family growing up. My older sister came home with In Through the Out Door in its brown paper bag when it was released. My younger brothers played Zeppelin cassettes, to the extent that I didn't realize "Living Loving Maid" segues directly into "(She's Just a Woman)" (like anything from Side Two of Abbey Road) until we got the CD, because on the cassette, the songs are on different sides.

I picked songs from the list based on name only, then sampled my choices at Zeppelin's official site and was largely satisfied with them. It's almost hard to go wrong. "It's all good." I know that I don't know Zeppelin, in spite of the fact that I would never turn the radio dial and can mostly sing along. But ask me to match titles with tunes, I can't do it. Moreover, I think I'm too old to learn. Everything I know about pop music I learned when I was much younger.

Here's what I picked, in no particular order - throw your tomatoes:

Immigrant Song, Fool in the rain, Over the Hills and Far Away, Misty Mountain Hop, Houses of the Holy, Stairway to Heaven, When the Levee Breaks, Kashmir

No comments: