Thursday, September 21, 2006

Back-to-School night on Tuesday evening. Their regular babysitter was available which was good because I had yet to give her her confirmation gift, four months late now. She was appreciative because she's a polite girl, but I cautioned that it may be years before she is ready to read them, an RSV-CE and the standard C. S. Lewis text.

I went to Kenny's teacher first and Jeff went to Timmy's. I wanted to sign up to chaperone their class field trip. And I did that. Kenny's teacher is fine and she has a good bunch of kids. I noted that she had 9/21 marked on the classroom calendar as "Fall Begins", so I corrected her on that. It's unusual this year but I heard it on NPR during a program about the Franklin Institute's September Skies special event.

After the first presentation, Jeff and I switched teachers. Even though the teachers are supposed to give their presentation again, I know from experience that they do not. And this was the case with Timmy's teacher. She assumes that Jeff will tell me everything that she said. But Jeff isn't like that. Husbands aren't like that. She told me that she is expecting a baby at the end of March, so that's the only news that I got. I'm happy for her and thought this would happen last year when she was Kenny's teacher. But I hope that they find someone to fill in and don't think that they can get away with simply merging the two Jr. K classes together. I think that the other Jr. K. teacher is not very experienced.

No comments: