Wednesday, February 14, 2007

I read this letter to the editor from February's Christianity Today aloud to Jeff:
"Your 'Spoils of Victory' article [January] expressed my attitude and my vote. I have been a single-issue voter for years and a pro-life Republican, but in the last elections I voted an almost straight Democratic ticket.

If we as Christians vote lockstep, as I have done in the past, we limit our influence. There are many more issues [besides abortion] that demand our attention. ...

Much of my past political stance may have been evidence of my self-righteousness rather than my faith. It will take more than a reference to God, the sanctity of marriage, and the unborn to get my vote in the future."
And we both agreed that here's someone who has woken up. Humility is making inroads. Thank God.

No comments: