Thursday, February 22, 2007

Last Thursday, when I went east, I told myself that I should have brought my camera.

The ice on the trees after the "Valentine's Day Storm" was so beautiful. Dangerous, yes I know, but must we be, to a fault, such real-world-practical killjoys and fail to appreciate the beauty? Alright then, it was beautiful. The ice on the trees was beautiful but you won't know how beautiful because I didn't bring my camera.

And, today, when I went east, again, I should have brought my camera.

Route 537 from Shrewsbury1 to Colts Neck was lined with men aloft in cherry pickers, wielding chainsaws. How goes that saying about the horse and the barn door? Well, that's what this is.

Some people there lost power for a week. 40,000 customers w/o electricity in Tinton Falls and Eatontown, etc. jetBlue is talking about compensating passengers and the utility company gets off. So they might shell out a few hundred dollars per person for spoiled groceries. BFD.

1 Someone will tell me that 537 goes to Eatontown, not Shrewsbury, and you're right. But I don't care.

References: "Communities coped in wake of nor'easter" Atlanticville, 2/22/07

No comments: