Tuesday, February 06, 2007

A month back, the first mailing from their summer camp arrived with health forms and other important information. It will soon be time to start buying summer clothes. Thing is, Kenny has outgrown the Carter's outlet store that runs up to size 7. He's an 8, or will be this summer. Where do I go now?

My friend suggested Land's End. Geez, I would love to, but why spend $20 on a T-shirt that I could get for $8 at the outlets? Truth is, I just ordered a bunch of sandals for them from Land's End, from their overstocks catalog. $10 for a pair of Land's End sandals is pretty good, I think. I couldn't do any better at the Stride Rite outlet.

The only uncertainty is what size shoe they will be wearing in a few months' time. I can't guess that. Tim just got into a 10, so he may stay there through the summer. But Kenny's been in a 1 since the fall. Their feet don't grow as quickly as they used to. Well, I bought the sizes they had, anyway, in the overstocks.

No comments: