Thursday, December 27, 2007


"I had a little Webkinz
Nothing would it bear ..."

Kenny received a Webkinz for Christmas from family, his first ever. I had bought Tim one earlier in the month at his request. So Kenny knew what was involved with online adoption and he was eager for it ... after he was played out with other Christmas presents (read "Wii").

We tried to register and adopt on Christmas evening and got more than halfway through before giving up. Everyone in the world must have gotten a Webkinz for Christmas.

I was leery of starting the registration process without some guarantee of completing it. I didn't want the unique code stored in some incomplete state because that's trouble.

But I was pestered by Kenny into trying despite the clear warnings that the web site was overloaded. Surely even outsourced programs know to rollback incomplete transactions?

Anyway, I left an email with customer service and if I don't hear back soon, I'll have to take a more active approach.

No comments: