Sunday, December 30, 2007

I'm really, oh my, I'm really starting to like how this looks.

I was awakened this morning around 10 by the shrill of a wet tile saw cutting tumbled marble 4 X 4's on the back step just under my bedroom window.

It's a harsh and happy sound.

They finished this wall today, as I expected. They'll work on the other wall, behind the "little sink" on Monday. It's a smaller area and less complicated, with only one accent 4 X 4 tile. They'll probably grout everything the same day and return to seal it after New Year.

The guy really has an eye for this work. Sure, it's cut correctly and it's straight. But it's also artistically laid out. It makes an impact. The tile, especially the field tile, has an effect on the eye.

But I couldn't help feeling, as I prepared dinner this evening, that I was working in an Italian restaurant ... a Jersey-Italian restaurant.

No comments: