Monday, December 17, 2007

I'm like so fussy about holiday music. Here's a playlist I have for Christmas. The ones in bold I just bought at iTunes. The John Williams ones are from Home Alone, of course.
  • "You Can Tell the World" - Simon & Garfunkel
  • "Jesus, Oh What A Wonderful Child" - Percy Sledge/NY Stage Orchestra
  • "Children Go Where I Send Thee" - Natalie Merchant
  • "Adeste Fideles" - Bing Crosby
  • "Ave Maria" - New London Choir/London Philharmonic Orchestra
  • "O Holy Night" - John Williams
  • "Feliz Navidad" - Jose Feliciano/London Philharmonic Orchestra
  • "Amazing Grace" - Cissy Houston/London Philharmonic Orchestra
  • "Go Tell It On The Mountain" - Ben E. King/NY Stage Orchestra
  • "Auld Lang Syne" - Jose Feliciano/London Philharmonic Orchestra
  • "God Rest Ye Merry Gentlemen" /"We Three Kings" - Barenaked Ladies (With Sarah McLachlan)
  • "I Believe In Father Christmas" - Emerson, Lake & Palmer
  • "Carol of the Bells" - John Williams
  • "Happy Christmas & Give Peace A Chance" - John Lennon
  • "Christmas" - The Who
  • "Somewhere In My Memory" - John Williams
  • "Have Yourself a Merry Little Christmas" - John Williams
No McCartney. You hear that song more and more each year, isn't it true?

tags technorati :

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

We love the Barenaked Ladies holiday CD. Sarah Mclachlan is great addition to the tune (it's my favorite holiday song). Her holiday CD isn't bad either -- Wintersong (2006). Check it out!

Moonshadow said...

Thanks, J.

Yeah, Barenaked Ladies' boppy God Rest Ye Merry was a pleasant surprise: a version not dripping heavy with sentiment but still reverent.

And her voice is marvelous, in harmony.

I will check 'em out!

Matt said...

I agree, the Barenaked Ladies tune is great. I bought it from iTunes last year after hearing it on XM. Though I think I'll skip that one if I ever have any of my traddy friends over for the Holidays...

Trad friend: "Wow, this is really good, who sings this one?"

Me: "Um, well...Barenaked Ladies."

Trad friend: "Scandal!"

Moonshadow said...

Funny, funny, Matt.

Well, at least you have traddy Catholic friends to scandalize! :-) Stick with Adeste Fideles!

All my traddy friends are Protestant! :-) So they are de facto scandalized by me!

Pax and Blessed Christmas.