Sunday, December 16, 2007

Maybe I've a reason to believe
We all will be received
In Graceland

Decorating the tree tonight to Paul Simon music (Jeff's iPod, not mine).

The thing I appreciate about artifical trees is the bendy branches. With a heavy ornament, I can curl the branch tip into a complete circle to hold that piece on.

I had a "garbage bowl" (Rachel Ray expression) nearby for tired, old ornaments, usually things made out of construction paper by the school boys. As endearing as they are, well, they don't hold up.

Other ornaments, too, made by students long forgotten, probably college graduates now. It's been a long time, almost as long not teaching as teaching. Hmmm. Maybe I'll get a student next year!

All that remains from that time is the homemade angel at the top, though I don't remember who made it for me.

These are the days of miracle and wonder,
This is the long distance call,
...
These are the days of miracle and wonder
And don't cry baby don't cry
Don't cry don't cry

No comments: