Friday, May 23, 2008

CCD ended this week, on Tuesday for Kenny. At the last class, registration forms for next year were distributed. Shrewd. My evening plans were such that I was tempted to have him skip it. But things worked out in spite of a tight, full schedule and we got the forms.

All families are being asked to re-register in the parish since some new computer software had been introduced, beginning with families of CCD students. So, Kenny's paperwork included a full profile of the family: names, contact info, birth-dates, sacraments. Today was the first day that the office would accept the forms and I dropped ours off just after 10AM. Jean already had a stack of 100 forms in her in-box.

And I was thankful that we aren't yet up to our waist in sacraments. I mean, we're just starting out with the kids; the dates are fresh in my mind. Sort of. Coming up with Jeff's dates was a no-brainer. Like Empress Nympho: No, No, No, No, No, No, YES! ("yes" being matrimony?).

Mine? I was tempted to write, "Earlier in my life" for baptism, eucharist and confirmation. Or "at the appropriate times." I even considered just guessing at the years.

However, I was im Glück because I came across a copy of my baptismal certificate, needed when we married. The dates were annotated on the reverse. Except there wasn't a date for first reconciliation; I think we can safely assume I completed that one before first communion! Times were confused in the '70's, they'll tell you, but not at St. Cecilia's.

And the interesting thing I noted, 'though it's no surprise, is that all my sacraments - confession excepted - took place in May. End of the school year? Not exactly. Deliberately during Mary's month.

I also came across Tim's baptismal certificate. Convenient, as they begin accepting registration for "new" CCD students in a week or two.

No comments: