Sunday, May 11, 2008


Mother's Day Haul:
  • The Orthodox Way, Ware;
  • I Alone Have Escaped to Tell You, McInerny;
  • Textual Criticism of the Hebrew Bible, Tov;
  • Christian Reflections, Lewis.
  • Two dozen roses, four different colors.
  • And a 13" MacBook.
I could tell from the shape and size of the box that it was a laptop. I haven't used a laptop since grad school and having one again prompted me to say, "Gee, I feel like I should go to school." Jeff was like, "Yeah, get another degree." As in "What's the point?"

They bought it last night.

Jeff took Kenny out for milkshakes and, well, they were gone for a little longer than normal. But Kenny kept the secret all through church this morning. Quite amazing. And just what is the difference between keeping a secret and lying to a seven-year-old? Jeff loves his MacBook so I'll probably learn to enjoy this one. He wanted to get me on Intel again. Back in our Sun days, we adored RISC, but it hasn't kept pace.

Kenny's claimed my desktop G5 ... uh, I don't think so!

2 comments:

Matt said...

I hope you had a happy Mothers' Day and congrats on the new Macbook.

Moonshadow said...

Oh, thanks. Yeah, the laptop might alleviate my carpal tunnel.

He's generous, every two years since I've been at home, he's given me a new computer. I guess computers are so cheap these days, but still.

Funny when I think of how his father gets the wife a new car every two years. We're not quite there yet. Frankly, I can't see the prudence in that.

But it isn't simply Mother's Day over here ... it's also a milestone birthday on Wednesday, 'though once in a while the celebrations coincide.