Wednesday, July 23, 2008

Five things I was doing TEN years ago:
1. working
2. grad. school
3. teaching rel. ed.
4. watching the Yankees sweep the World Series
5. celebrating five years of wedded bliss

Five Snacks I enjoy:
1. Jeff's caramel corn (I pronounce it "carmel")
2. Twizzler brand strawberry licorice
3. anything from Oliver's!
4. vanilla ice cream with butterscotch syrup or flaked coconut topping
5. jalapeno poppers

Five Things On My To-Do List Today:
1. laundry
2. Tim's reading class
3. Tim's lab scripts
4. buying the boys goggles
5. buying the boys NFL jerseys (not real ones)

Five things I Would Do If I Were A Billionaire:
1. stop worrying about the kids' tuition
2. help family with big expenses
3. get a live-in nanny
4. get a shore house
5. get new cars

Five Jobs I Have Had:
1. restaurant help in my father's coffee shop
2. Iroquois Job Corps (youth conservationist - one summer)
3. farm laborer, Elba muck (one summer)
4. convenience store clerk (two summers)
5. college work-study librarian's aide (four school-years)

Five of My Bad Habits:
1. napping and staying up late
2. too much caffeine
3. buying books I won't read
4. eating in the car
5. misplacing important things

Places I've Lived:
1. Upstate NY
2. Southern OH
3. Central NJ

Five Random Things (most people wouldn't know about me):
1. I'm a lefty (mostly)
2. I am very allergic to aloe
3. I take out the garbage (mostly)
4. I'd rather be ... prooftexting!
5. I found turning 40 to be a drag!

via Kim from Hiraeth

2 comments:

Kim from Hiraeth said...

Thanks for playing along! I've learned a lot of new things about you.

I've never heard of anyone being allergic to aloe! That's supposed to be very healing on burns and abrasions. Is that how you found out you were allergic?

I misplace important things, too.

And wait until you hit 50. There's no looking back. . .

: D

Moonshadow said...

I hear 50 is better than 40.

Carrots and green beans too. I used to wonder why balms for sunburn made my skin swell more! Basically, aloe is everywhere, e.g., a common additive to, uh, TP and tissues.

I check labels now that I've determined my allergy. Fortunately, most manufacturers boast on the packaging that their hypoallergenic product contains aloe!