Wednesday, July 02, 2008

Monday's Fresh Air has much to chill the soul, especially this remark, at 19:15:
Here we have a president whose ultimate goal is to completely obviate the Constitution and, if you ask me my personal opinion, this isn’t something I wrote, this is something I believe is true, it’s gonna take a lot more work, I don’t think what they’ve done in terms of diminishing oversight or making oversight less valuable, I don’t think it’s just a question of taking advantage, I don’t think it’s just a question of out-maneuvering them.

I think it’s basically, at some point after 9-11, the President and the Vice-President and some of the lawyers set out to – and the word I would use is "sabotage" - the procedure.

To say, "WE DON'T WANT OVERSIGHT."
Not for the squeamish.

No comments: