Thursday, July 03, 2008

The Tavern has a Catholic! W who leans traditional.!

Great minds: "TMH, I think that if Bush became a Roman Catholic, it would be evidence that truly, 'even the devils believe and tremble' (jn)."

Funny.

Otherwise ...

It's open season ... because somebody cares about the status of his marriage?1 And somebody else doesn't like Vatican II?

A literal straw man and whipping boy. Haven't they Catholic relatives to annoy instead of this young, new stranger? (1 Cor. 11:22)

It's beyond me, preoccupation with an ecclesial code of law, undoubtedly man-made, that they aren't following, have no interest in following or even discussing. Hey, man, you brought it up. Just who are the legalists in this dialogue?

No wonder I learned to hate Protestants when I was in Bright's Campus Crusade. I'm doing my (re)pen(t)ance now; sin has communal consequences. I'd sooner the indifferent ones to those who love/hate.

I began with enthusiasm, moved to good humor and closed with disappointment if not outright frustration.


1 'Though he apologizes two weeks later: (PS: I’ve decided to stop blaming you personally for the edicts of canon law. You were just the first Roman Catholic who came to hand, so you got it all heaped on your head. From now on I’ll save it for when I meet the pope. (sw))

Other links:

No comments: