Saturday, July 28, 2007

Deo gratias. Penni's staying.

And there was much rejoicing.





I delayed referencing Penni's bombshell "quandary" post until she'd made a decision.

Being a Catholic in Jersey is hard, I'm with her on that. We ooze traditionalism here like I've never seen afore.

As for the sacramentals that troubled her, she writes,
I may not be into a lot of the devotions that my fellow Catholics are but now realize that some of what I feel is over-the-top is not meant for me but that I am no less Catholic for it.
The spiritual life isn't "one size fits all".

2 comments:

~pen~ said...

bless your heart of hearts!!!

i am still in a bit of a flux but think i have the right mix in mind....only God can lead, if i am still and quiet enough to listen :)

(and another Jersey girl - who knew?)

Moonshadow said...

I planned to keep out of your good vs. evil posting because of the innumerable, unspoken assumptions at work on all sides.

But then, like many Catholics, I tend to presume "justified," so I'm less particular about the view of fallen man.

Rather, I'm deeply concerned with the view of redeemed man. And in some theologies, the two are virtually indistinguishable, inside and out, such that I cry, "What's the Good News?!"

The appeal of Catholicism to me, then, is its view of redeemed man and our ultimate destiny.

"can we not take any Scripture verse we desire and turn it around to suit every one of our needs at the time we need it?"

Uh, no, we cannot.