Tuesday, July 17, 2007

Jeff had a cold shower this morning.

Not because he needed one, he simply had no choice in the matter. That's because some monkeys, in the form of HVAC professionals, left off the hot water heater's burner yesterday.

I've said this before: it's like having your car worked on and not being told what they did. Except it's your house, not your car.

They could have diddled with any number of things in the course of their time here.

I've had drywallers and spacklers and painters - all three - unplug my fridge, my washer/dryer, my oven - all three! - and not plug them in again. And you don't know until you try to use the appliance.

All they gotta do is say something ... but they don't remember to say anything because, if they remembered that much, they might actually remember to take care of it themselves.

But, no, they are rogues and charlatans, even by Jersey tradesmen's standards. And monkeys. Don't forget, they are monkeys.

No comments: