Sunday, July 22, 2007

Oh, my arms are sore and tired.

I bought samples of paints for a number of rooms - my husband hates wallpaper - last week, and we put them up today. Just 2' X 2' squares, two coats, in about five rooms of two colors each and I can barely move my arms now to type! It's pathetic.

We'll have to "live with" the colors for a while, see 'em in the morning, mid-day and at night. For his new office, we've already pretty much decided that the cappuccino color, the lighter of the two, is too dark, so I'll pick up a "Just Beige" sample ASAP.

In the master bath, we'll probably go with "Wheatfield" - since our tile is "Autumn Harvest" or some such - but we may use the "Cream" in the entry from the garage.

I like the "Peach Cloud" in my laundry room for Ella's bedroom but I've already decided that she must have pink. Probably "Pink Powderpuff", number 001.

Jeff likes the "Malibu Peach" in the laundry room but it reminds me of a "Florida House" ... not that there's anything wrong with that but we don't live in FL.

Nah, I have to stop typing. It just hurts too much. Hopefully my arms will feel better tomorrow.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

painting is also in my future (a very tall hallway and my office and my bedroom)

I'm thinking "celery"

Moonshadow said...

My replies are slow when I haven't anything witty to say ...

What is up with all the food names for color shades? Benjamin Moore puts Crayola to shame.

"Celery" has a healthful name, better than some browns I'm considering, e.g., "mocha mudslide."

Green is my favorite color: restful,outdoorsy.

Enjoy, for life is made of little things.