Sunday, July 08, 2007

"Have you lived here long?" "Seven years."

"Was the house new then?" "No, it's fifteen years old now."

"It looks new." "We just had it re-sided."

She spent an hour on Friday evening, poking and prodding albeit professionally. I was flattered by her genuine interest and had a hope she'd find something.

I answered constant questions on a wide range of personal facts, from what my husband does for a living to how long I nursed the others to where the older boys attend summer camp.

"Oh, that's a pricey camp, isn't it?" she asked as I was making out her check.

Handing her payment to her, I made eye contact and said, "Perhaps, but it's one of the few places anymore where you get your money's worth."

She found nothing, to my disappointment. No recommendations, but I wonder whether she grasped my point. At least we got to talk some about Israel.

No comments: