Tuesday, July 24, 2007

Had a "d'oh!" moment here this morning.

My Bluetooth keyboard started repeating characters like this:
ooooh pleeeeease
And correcting the repeats was difficult because the delete keys were in on it.

I thought to myself, "Construction dust has finally choked my keyboard."

In a ditch effort, I rebooted but in my haste, I neglected to save "scratchpad-type Word documents" like the RSVP list for the boys' upcoming birthday party. D'OH!

You know, when the computer crashes, these things get saved automatically. Why can't the computer save 'em as a courtesy despite how I answer?

During the boot-up sequence, the computer couldn't "discover" the keyboard.

I replaced the keyboard batteries and that did the trick. Then I reconstructed the RSVP sheet from (my) memory ("memory" - what a hoot!).

Fortunately, most of the responses are email, so I just flipped through them.

No comments: