Tuesday, February 05, 2008

I was feelin' like a little N'awlins two weeks ago, so I ordered up some pralines from Aunt Sallys in the Vieux Carre.

Weeks ago, Jeff had eaten lunch out in Newark at a place with muffulettas. He took one bite of his sandwich and told the waitress, "This isn't a muffuletta. Where's the olive dressing?!" She had no answer.

So, I requested not only some original pralines, but two boxes of triple chocolate - Jeff likes chocolate but I'm afraid to even try it! - along with a small jar of muffuletta mix.

Unfortunately, when the order arrived, one of the chocolate boxes was missing. But I called up and she sent one out. It arrived a week later.

I've never made muffulettas before and I've only eaten one once. The jar has a recipe. And it's interesting that when I think "creole," I think "French." But a muffuletta is plenty Italian!1 You'll just never get me to eat mortadella!


1 And I should try this recipe!

tags technorati :

No comments: