Thursday, February 14, 2008

Jeff gave me Frank Schaeffer's latest book on Tuesday night for Valentine's Day. From my Amazon Wish List. I dropped what I was doing immediately and began reading it. I relish Evangelical dirty laundry.

Jeff also gave me a red, personalized apron ... embroidered with my name ... not another woman's name! Bonus! It's very nice. My first apron ever. Now I need a hook to hang it on!

On NPR, I heard some movie recommendations from Ty Burr, including an unfamiliar one to this George Bailey fan - the original You've Got Mail, with James Stewart:
"My heart was trembling as I walked into the post office and there you were, lying in Box 237. I took you out of your envelope and read you, read you right there."
Listen ... it's Here & Now.

2 comments:

Jay said...

I just adore one of Ty Burr's recommendations: Truly Madly Deeply. I have it on DVD and I've watched a few times. However, I showed it to a girlfriend once and she thought it was "eh". Oh, well.

Moonshadow said...

I haven't seen it and I'll try to. Maybe Jeff has.

But, unfortunately, Rickman is always going to be, for me, - no, not the bad guy from the Die Hard - but rather that couldn't-be-bothered Metatron from Dogma! I'll try to get over that.