Tuesday, February 12, 2008

Jan Crouch1 toured the Holy Land Experience on TBN's Behind the Scenes last night. When you're tired of Walt Disney World (yeah, right), stop by the Orlando Holy Land.

It looked really cool.

Jan encountered a group of Catholic School girls, obviously on field trip. Jan was delighted to see young people, and her final encouragement to them was to get themselves over to the Scriptorium. Now the Scriptorium is a must-see, with an amazing collection of hand-crafted Bibles, but there's just something so typical about an Evangelical directing Catholics to the sacred Scriptures. Am I right?

I wondered whether anybody but Catholics visit the Florida Holy Land Experience. They crucify a man every week there. Does this turn on Protestants?

My experience of urging Protestants to visit the Israeli Holy Land is usually met with, at best, a puzzled "Why should I?" Well, if you have to ask ...

Just reminds me that I want to get the kids down to Busch Gardens sometime.


1 I laughed out loud when her sidekick received a traditional headdress, so that none of her hair showed. Jan quipped, "I'm not showing any of my hair either!" an allusion to her outrageous, frosty wig.

No comments: