Sunday, May 14, 2006

Mother's Day Haul

Thin, paperback books by Dave Armstrong, Mark Shea, former evangelicals who became Catholic. I'm not really into apologetics anymore but I feel obligated to at least know what these guys arguments are.

A Faith Interrupted about alienated Catholics from Loyola Press.

Deepening Communion, edited by Jeffrey Gros, of all people, published by the USCCB, in which I may find an answer to michele's ecumenism and Trent anathemas questions. Gros is one of the premier Catholic ecumenists.

And Understanding Dispensationalists by Poythress, to make michele happy, no, really in anticipation of this Fall's study of the Book of Revelation at her church. I have been studying Revelation at a Christian & Missionary Alliance church, using a Kay Arthur study, and I understand their approach to Scripture a little better.

All from my secret Amazon Wish List.

And, a new digital camera, a Nikon Coolpix P4. It's very small. Three years ago, Jeff bought me a digital camera, the Canon Powershot G2, and I had so much trouble figuring it out. This one is very similar, so I know how to use it. Fortunately, he also got me a larger memory card because the stock card holds eight pictures. Sad.

Kenny drew up a short scavenger hunt for me this morning, starting in the family room, going to the toy box in the dining room and ending in their bedrooms with my gifts on their twin beds. It was very cute how he wrote out the directions and drew the pictures. I'll have to keep those, too.

Today is also my birthday, so I probably got twice as many gifts as usual.

2 comments:

Dave Armstrong said...

Hi Teresa,

Happy birthday and Mother's day, and hope you find my book (whichever one it is!) helpful and a good read.

In Him,

Dave Armstrong

Moonshadow said...

Thank you for your well wishes and your comment.