Friday, August 15, 2008

"The Book of the Film"

Jeff brought this home last week and I've been reading it to the older boys; Tim is more interested than Kenny. Kenny knows the movie somewhat ... and parts of it scare him. So, reading the book also scares him because it conjures up images from the film. Whatever.

I got to do an impersonation of John Cleese last night, as I read the Time Bandits's encounter with Robin Hood. It's hard not to read the text with the same inflection as the actors in the movie, except, well, where the words are different. That occurs in rare places. But mostly reading the book has helped me understand the spoken lines that my American ears haven't quite been able to catch ... over years of viewing.

John Cleese as Robin Hood: Time Bandits.

tags technorati :

No comments: