Thursday, August 14, 2008

This was quick and fun ... mostly quick ... more quick than fun ... let me know if you try it:

IF YOUR LIFE WAS A MOVIE, WHAT WOULD THE SOUNDTRACK BE?

1. Open your library (iTunes, Winamp, Media Player, iPod, etc.).
2. Put it on shuffle.
3. Press play.
4. For every question, type the song that's playing.
5. When you go to a new question, press the next button.
6. Don't lie & try to pretend you're cool.
1

Opening Credits:
 "Spreading Wings," Gabriel Yared, City of Angels

Waking Up: "Glory of the 80’s," Tori Amos, To Venus And Back (Disc 1) (Live)

First Day Of School:
 "Another Day," Wings, Wings Greatest

Falling In Love:
 "The Millionaire Next Door" (Unabridged), Cotter Smith

Fight Song:
 "Superstar," Sheryl Crow, Sheryl Crow

Breaking Up:
 "Alien Shore," Rush, Counterparts

Prom:
"Red Barchetta," Rush, Exit … Stage Left2

Mental Breakdown: "New York City," Norah Jones et. al., New York City

Driving:
"Too Little Too Late," Barenaked Ladies, All Their Greatest Hits 1991-2001

High school flashback: "Amazing Grace," Various Artists, Catholic Classics, Vol. 2

Flashback:
 "Anji," Simon & Garfunkel, Collected Works, Disc 1

Getting Back Together:
"Taxman," George Harrison, Live In Japan, Disc 1

Birth of Child: "Misery," The Beatles, Please, Please Me3

Wedding:
 "Can’t Stop," Red Hot Chili Peppers, By The Way

Final Battle:
 "Head To Toe," Lisa Lisa & Cult Jam, Greatest Hits of the 80’s, Vol. 3

Death Scene: 
"Hand Over Fist," Rush, Presto

Funeral Song:
 "Warning Sign," Talking Heads, Sand In the Vaseline, Disc 1

End Credits: "Beatles Greeting (Speech)," The Beatles, Live At The BBC, Disc 1: I’m Ringo and I play the drums. Eh, er, I’m Paul and I play the, uh, bass. I’m George and I play a guitar. Whistles. I’m John and I too play a guitar. Sometimes I play the fool.

via John ... I read his, uh, mom's blog ...

1 Songs familiar to me are in bold
2 In fact, it was his parents' blue Chevy Impala ... but we pretended it was a red Barchetta, whatever the hell that is.
3 Only in terms of L&D! ;-)

1 comment:

Jay said...

I tried filling out this list, and ended up fighting with the Preferences in iTunes. I couldn't figure out how Shuffle was pulling all these songs from my "relaxing" classical album. When I finally sorted it out, I was bored, and the songs were all kinds of non sequitur. I did get Queen's "Princes of the Universe" as my Opening Credits. That was amusing.