Friday, May 25, 2007

The electrical inspection passed "with flying colors" this morning. (Then, would someone please explain to me why my lights dim every thirty minutes all evening long?)

The plumber, whom I haven't seen in over a week, is on doctor's orders not to work. He's done about 70% of the rough-in, so there's still a way to go before the plumbing can be inspected. I'm not sure what the contractor's plan for getting the plumbing work done is. That's his problem, not mine.

Payment-wise, we are past the halfway mark on the schedule - that's something of a relief - but we still have to pay for appliances and furniture and whatever budget overruns there are (read: on just about everything). Like the stairs I want are $2200 over the allowance. So, I'm not happy about not getting the backstairs of my dreams.

About half the house is re-sided. He's replacing windows as he goes. Now that he's hit the "old part" of the house, the part where we are holed up, the question of privacy crops up, not just during the brief window swap-out process but afterwards, assuming the blinds can't be tacked up again immediately.

I guess I'm just concerned that things will be overlooked. There's lots of little things now. But, all in all, it was a slow, quiet week around here.

No comments: