Saturday, May 19, 2007

"He's worked all day, up and down stairs, all day. How can he do that?!"

"He's 27."

The electrician is pulling 11 hour days for the past two weeks, including Saturday, to complete our addition wiring (and some rewiring). I was concerned that he seemed rather too young to be an experienced electrician but his dad is an EE and he's had his hand ... in ... wiring ... since eighth grade. Half his life.

It's funny to me when the older contractors come in mid-morning to invite him to break: "Mike, ya want some coffee and a donut?" He's like, "Nah, I'm good."

I still have my concerns. Last night the lights dimmed momentarily like never before. And I haven't had dial tone on my phone all day today. Little things like that. And Jeff had to diddle with the TV's/TiVo's HD setup some last night. I don't know whether he got it right or not. But, hopefully everything is connected correctly and we don't have any shorts or fires. I mean, he doesn't work for Con Ed.

No comments: