Wednesday, May 30, 2007

Oh, heck, he's "in" as a founder; the miracle healing is just frosting:

"Surgeon tells of healed baby, crucial miracle for Malta's first saint" - Catholic News Service, 5/22/07:
Dr. Dhawan, a Hindu, said he would be attending the ceremony in St. Peter's Square at the Vatican.

"I was involved in the process (leading to canonization), and I want to see it through completely for my own learning and curiosity," he said.

"I respect all the faiths myself and I have a lot to learn from every single faith, and I am sure my religion also believes in things like this," he said. "When you are a scientist you are supposed to believe in things that are black and white, but, unfortunately, life is not always like that."

Dhawan said that before the boy's healing he knew very little about how the Catholic Church recognized saints. But he said he had since spent much time reading about the process and took particular interest in the cause of Blessed Mother Teresa of Calcutta, beatified by Pope John Paul II in 2003.

He said he was pleased and privileged to be part of the process of the canonization of Blessed Preca.
And this practice is most interesting:
A glove used during the exhumation of the priest in 2000 also was placed upon the infant's body.

No comments: