Saturday, May 26, 2007

I had been looking forward to today's birthday party for weeks. We missed it last year because of a trip to FL for family. Today, it was quick, only 90 minutes long. It just went too fast. And it was hot, like a sauna inside that bubble. But at least we weren't in the sunshine.

The pool was for the kids, even though I brought my suit.

I've attended plenty of pool parties where lifeguards are promised but not delivered, that I come prepared, in the event that I need to enter the water. But, besides a man on the pool deck equipped with a cordless phone / radio, there was a young adult assistant in the water as well as a woman who led the pool activities. They spent about 45 minutes in the pool that wasn't deeper than 4 feet.

Then pizza and cake and gone ... but no, everyone was invited to the beach house.

Kenny has always wanted to visit their beach house. So, I let another mother take him with her daughter. There will be a babysitter to look after the kids and maybe take them over to the Boardwalk for rides (but this mother told me that she would tag along if they do).

Boy, he's barely seven and he's living the high life: a Saturday night out "down the shore."

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

I would like to exchange links with your site www.blogger.com
Is this possible?