Saturday, May 05, 2007

"I don't want to go in without knowing it's the right party," my six-year-old announced.

I listened but said nothing, silently navigating the route via visual clues: Mount's Corner Drive. "Around the Corner" Art Center. Parking for Art Center Only, All Others Will Be Towed.

And the building even matched their web site image.

At last, "we're here!" I cheered.

Still hesitant, he didn't even want to carry the present.

I spotted the father of a classmate dozing in the car next to ours and recognized some other vehicles as well. My confidence level rose because, well, I CAN READ.

They let us in and gushed over Ella. Kenny joined the group upstairs painting ceramics. He moved so independently that I lost track of him! I caught up with him, greeted everyone else and had a lovely time.

No comments: