Monday, June 18, 2007

Ah, this explains the traffic congestion between 526 and the Jackson Outlets this morning:
I-195 East is closed after a tractor-trailer overturned on the highway Monday morning approaching Exit 16 (Six Flags/Mount Holly).

All traffic is being detoured off the road at Exit 11 (Coxs Corner/Imlaystown). Follow Route 526, turn right on Route 537, and return to I-195 East.

Also, the westbound shoulder of I-195 is closed west of of Exit 16 following an accident, causing a 3-mile backup.
I heard the sirens around 9AM ... and we never hear sirens. Hmm, second time1 in about a month.

Good thing I didn't decide to head to the beach today! Instead I was just making a "quick" shopping trip to the Outlets for sneakers.

My heart goes out to those Six Flags visitors on this, the first full day of summer vacation.

"TRAFFIC ALERT: Overturned tractor trailer on I-195 in Millstone" - Asbury Park Press, 6/18/07

1 "Driver of tanker truck killed in fiery Route 195 crash" - The Star-Ledger, 5/10/07

No comments: