Friday, June 29, 2007

Update on Kenny's collarbone fracture: he is on the mend and the doctor advised that he remove his figure-of-eight strap and resume normal actitivies. That meant that Kenny could swim at camp on Friday afternoon and he did.

When I dropped Kenny off at camp after his morning doctor's appointment this afternoon, I opted to visit Tim.

It took some time for the division coordinator of Tim's camp to pick me up and take me to Tim's current actitivy. By that time, Kenny had left his things at his camp locker and joined his group playing tennis. Tim and his group were at the pool and I passed the tennis courts on the way. So, I saw Kenny being his rowdy self, hitting and chasing tennis balls, showing off for me.

Tim wasn't in the pool. The air was a little chilly and he was wrapped in a towel poolside. He was delighted to see me and went back into the water just to show me. But, before long, he was back in his towel, a fresh one, and curled up on a deck chair with his head down, very worn-out and a little cold.

I was happy to see them both doing fine and enjoying themselves.

No comments: